Costa Rica is not only an amazing paradise to visit, it has also been considered a healthy tourist destination for all those who want to live different experiences and improve their well-being.
Most readers of the international magazine Men’s Health chose Costa Rica as the best healthy destination in the world.
Costa Rica has been awarded the Healthy Place 2021 award.
The ICT highlights that Costa Rica obtained the above-mentioned recognition above destinations such as Switzerland, Tokyo, New York, Hawaii, Maldives, Australia, Japan, and Thailand.
According to the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT), this data confirms how more and more people visit Costa Rica looking forward to becoming healthier.
1. A Healthy Tourist Destination to become renewed
If you are looking for the perfect place not only to improve your mental and physical well-being but to adopt healthy habits and activities into your lifestyle, then you should visit Costa Rica.
Release your soul and come back home like a new person.
Well, consider Costa Rica, it could be your next travel destination.
Costa Rica is the ideal location for detoxification from stress and the daily routine.
You can experience wellness tourism as part of a lifestyle that combines physical activity and healthy eating while enjoying a wide range of activities to renew your mind, body, and soul.
Well-being activities might include getting in contact with nature in a variety of ways.
There are activities as Trekking along with beautiful places.
Forest baths while breathing in the fresh air of the forest.
Earthing barefoot along the sand of a stunning beach.
Fresh food is well combined with a spa.
2. Where should I go in Costa Rica?
Well, come to Nicoya a healthy tourist destination is the famous Costa Rican Blue Zone, where people live longer, here you find Perfect Sunset School.
We decided to set our school here for the amazing natural beauty and stunning beaches and its people and its interesting way of living.
This is a healthy destination because…
- Physical activity: they are always moving. People from Nicoya really know what hard work is. They work in plantations and also do all the house chores. They never complain about it.
- Their food is healthier, it´s mainly based on grains, dairy products, and vegetables.
- People from Nicoya are very spiritual, they have a strong faith in God, but they also mix a little of the traditional Catholicism with some elderly indigenous customs.
You can visit Nicoya and experience what is a real healthy tourist destination, all these facts that make people experience a longer and better life.
3. Visit Perfect Sunset School
- While staying in Perfect Sunset School, you´ll live a healthy tourist destination sharing with these nice people from this Blue Zone.
- You can also enjoy the Blue Diet from Nicoya, they don´t eat any processed food if they want a snack they have their own homemade candy ( cajetas, toronja dulce, etc.…)
Water from Nicoya is another important element that´s part of their diet since it is full of calcium and magnesium.
- Besides the physical activity they practice, something important about it is the vitamin D they get from the sun. If you visit Perfect Sunset School, you´ll have the opportunity of practicing sports under this awesome “Nicoyano” sun as well.
- You can connect with your own spirituality too. You don´t necessarily require to be religious to be spiritual. For instance; practicing yoga at the beach is an amazing way to enrich your spirit. At Perfect Sunset School, you´ll be able to take yoga classes.
Because of all of these and more reasons you should visit Costa Rica and experience the benefits of a healthy tourist destination.
At Perfect Sunset School, we got everything you need to experience a real healthy tourist destination.