Freediving is an amazing aquatic sport that includes breathing exercises and diving techniques that athletes apply to improve other disciplines, thus we´ll also show you 5 ways how freediving can save lives.
Freediving can save lives and it´s a training that works for everyone not only for athletes.
1. Freediving can save lives, thanks to its special techniques
- When you learn freediving, you cram to manage the oxygen going to your blood.
- Freediving can save lives because the more you practice it, the better your body becomes at using oxygen efficiently in an emergency.
- When you practice freediving, you learn to use your instincts, you submerge for an extended period of time.
- Another technique explaining why freediving can save lives is how the body optimizes breathing, slows the heart rate, and redirects oxygen to the vital organs.
- Adapt your body to a severe environment and become more efficient at using oxygen thanks to freediving.
Focused on slowing down your heart rate and holding in your breath results in lower stress and anxiety levels in stressful or dangerous situations.
These lowered stress levels last even when you are out of the water and it helps to keep others around you also relaxed.
2. If you practice Freediving, you´ll feel safer…
Just like the rush you feel after a hard workout, freediving boosts the feel-good neurotransmitters in your body.
Adrenaline, noradrenaline, and dopamine are greatly elevated during and after freediving.
When you train with Freediving you improve every aspect of your life by increasing your swimming or even surfing skills.
3. Your heart will get stronger…
Learning to balance the oxygen in your body, will let you diminish stress in emergencies and in your everyday life.
So, we can even ensure that freediving can save lives even out of the water.
Protecting your circulatory and respiratory system freediving will diminish the possibility of suffering a heart attack or any respiratory illness.
4. Freediving can save lives of Athletes
One of the best health benefits of freediving is better performance in other water sports such as Surf.
Whether it’s surfing, scuba diving, swimming, or kayaking, freediving will teach you to remain calm in the water in any situation.
Holding your breath for a long time is a useful skill for any water sport and could someday mean the difference between life and death.
Also, reinforcing your lungs will give you more endurance in other sports such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, etc.
Freediving also boosts personal assurance, people who engaged in the sport had higher self-confidence surviving strategies.
They also had a significantly higher belief in the internal locus of control.
This means they believe that they have more control over events in their own lives.
Clearly, diving deep underwater in a single breath is a great confidence booster for the rest of your life.
5. Freediving should be learned in the best school
Freediving is something everyone should learn, it can save lives and improve your body and health in general.
Why don´t you take your next vacation here at Perfect Sunset School in Costa Rica? This is the best school to learn freediving and much more.
Costa Rica is a wonderful green paradise, you´ll live a wonderful experience.
You´ll discover how why learning Freediving in Costa Rica at Perfect Sunset School is the best decision in your life.
Freediving can save lives and make you able to improve your performance in any physical and mental activity through a better understanding of breathing as a life skill.
Improve your health, life, and sports performance with this unique and powerful training.