Nowadays, Hatha Yoga is perceived as an exercise form. But, day by day many yoga practitioners are looking forward to becoming real yogis, then we´ll show you 5 tips to be a better yogi.
Changing the only-sporty perception given to yoga is an onerous task.
Hatha Yoga was not created as a sport, it was not about losing weight, fixing your back, or getting healthy.
Nevertheless, the amazing results gotten by the practice of yoga have enriched this reputation towards yoga.
1. It´s not only about twisting and stretching…
To be a better yogi you must understand that bending and twisting your body has thousands of benefits for your physical health, but there is much more to understand around it.
Some sense of being a little more than the physical body is the most important thing.
Even if you are not like that 24 hours of the day, at least a few moments in a day you should be a yogi.
If you keep it alive, things that you do not understand, things that you have never experienced, will happen to you.
That means you are allowing another dimension to function and change your mind and body perception.
2. Just start trying…
If you do not try to be a better yogi in some way, life will put you through all kinds of things.
That is why most human beings choose to hide from life.
When someone cannot talk to more than three people in their life, when they cannot walk on the street with an open heart, loving everything that they see and cannot see, they are obviously hiding from life.
Living happier and healthier spreading all your positive energy towards the universe.
3. Return to your inner person to be a better yogi
Where do we have to go to take our first steps as a Yogi and be better in this art?
Well, it´s always the best option to be guided by an experienced yogi and share with partners who have the same objectives as you do.
To return to your inner person to be a better yogi you should focus on:
- Putting away distractions (social media, television, etc.)
- Meditating with a guided or sound meditation
- Journaling or writing poetry
- Doing other creative activities (painting, sculpting,
- Taking a yoga class
- Choosing the best place to practice yoga
4. A Yoga Retreat to be a better yogi
In a yoga retreat, you can enjoy yoga and enhance the benefits you get from this art.
The best yoga retreat you can find is in Costa Rica at Playa Santa Teresa, you can visit Perfect Sunset School you can practice different types of Yoga and get more benefits.
- Vinyasa or flow yoga is a style of yoga characterized by stringing postures together moving from one to another, flawlessly, using breath.
- Sridaiva, which means “divine destiny” in Sanskrit, is a type of Hatha yoga based on a new postural system that emphasizes the body’s natural curves.
- Enhancing your creativity, when you exercise outside you stimulate the hippocampus cells which are in charge of creativity and problem-solving.
- You also increase your relaxation since you are surrounded and commune with nature instead of walls and concrete.
- The sea air influences serotonin that makes you feel even more relaxed.
- It gives a huge boost in Vitamin D, it´s essential for regulating the calcium and phosphate in your body, you mainly get it from the sun, but you´ll also feel the benefits on a cloudy day.
5. The Best Place to be a better yogi is in Costa Rica
Of course at Perfect Sunset School, you find the best yoga retreat in Costa Rica.
The best school, the best instructors, the most beautiful beach around the area.
At Perfect Sunset School, you find yoga for athletes and anyone who wants to improve their life by practicing this ancient discipline full of benefits.
Visit Perfect Sunset School at Playa Hermosa in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, and discover yoga, learn Spanish, surf, Freediving, the best accommodation, wonderful sunsets, and Pura Vida people.